Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2021

What's Happening Thurs 5/13 Making Your Own Butterfly Stencil - CTMH LayeredButterflies

Welcome to What's Happening Thursday. I'm Melissa, nickname "Sunshine HoneyBee", an independent Close To My Heart CTMH Consultant/Maker, and I want to share what's happening on Thursday.


Please check out my CTMH site and order wonderful items like what I use. Please let me know if you found this helpful. If you know of any corrections that need to be made please let me know.


 What's Happening Thurs 5/13:

 1. Making Your Own Butterfly Stencil, Using Sponges for 

    Inking, Scribbling, Wonderful Artsy Looking Butterfly Card

    In the photo below you will see the supplies:

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

Supplies:

    CTMH -   

      cardstock/paper: Kraft (found that this works best for

        the stencil), white, pattern paper (I used Mix-In X9013)

      die - Layered Butterflies

      ink - CTMH - Sundance, Smoothie, Sapphire

        you will also need Intense Black

      stamp - You Are Enough (flowers, sentiment)

  other: mat (one that you can use inks on),

       sponge - that you can cut into wedges

      (you will need 3 wedges, 1 for ea ink, not black),

    paper distresser (I use Tim Holtz tool, you can also use

      scissors)

      tape (painter's tape or washi) 

  pen: fine tip for drawing & scribbling

 

 Cut stencil using outline Butterfly die positioned at a slight angle on Kraft cardstock.

  




Place white cardstock 4" x 5 1/4" on mat & use tape to hold

it down.





Place the Kraft stencil over white cardstock using tape to hold it down.




 

Start with Sundance ink lightly not heavy & sponge working from on the Kraft before working up onto white cardstock coming off side & swirl 1/2 way up. Make sure you get inside the corners of the stencil.






Second use Smoothie ink lightly not heavy with sponge (forgot to photo) into Sundance. Third use Sapphire ink lightly not heavy with sponge.




Using a fine line pen draw around the inside of stencil.







Get ready to stamp the flowers & foilage. You can put one stamp on one side of block & other on opposite side of block.






Stamp flowers & foilage. You will see in finished item I stamped more than what you see here. Reposition the stencil at a bit of an angle more and draw another line inside stencil all around the Butterfly.






Scribble near a couple of the edges.







 

Stamp sentiment.


 

 


 

 

Distress the edges of white cardstock.

 

 


 

 

Ink distressed edges with Smoothie. Use patterned paper to frame. To save paper I use a die to cut out center of pattern paper for use on another project since I do not like to waste paper that is going to be covered up.

 


 


 

 

If you made it this far then you see my finished wonderful artsy looking card.

 

 


 

 

 

2. Close To my Heart CTMH May-Jun catalog available  

   

3. Bitten By The Bug 2

    Winner of Star Wars May the Force/Fourth Be With You  Challenge will be announced Fri 5/14.

    prize - pieces of the project I made for challenge,

   your choice to either assemble yourself or have me

   assemble. I'll mail to you.

Graduation Challenge ends 5/23, enter here.

  


4. My dogs went to day camp, Camp Bow Wow, and created  wonderful art work with paw print and ink.

 


 

 

The Close To My Heart CTMH May-Jun catalog and new Core Sept 2020 - Aug 2021 catalog are available. My CTMH website link is below or you can click on my right sidebar where it indicates CTMH. I will send a free stamp set/die set I have from my extras (unused) if you place an order of $30 or more. Please email me if you do order so I can give you a choice as to free stamp even though I do get notified if you place an order. Also, I'm a Cricut affiliate and you can order from Cricut.com by clicking the Cricut icon on my right side bar.


My CTMH website:SunshineHoneyBee.closetomyheart.com

 

Comments are moderated/approved due to spam before appearing.

 

Entering in:

CHNC May Pattern Ch  5/31

Simon Mon Ch Things With Wings  5/5  5/16

Simon Wed Ch Stencil It  2/5  5/18

Stay Crafty with Hero Ch23 Fun in the Sun  6/10

  Sunny yellow color 

Word Art Wed Wks 491-492 Anything Goes  3/5/1stwk  5/25

 

4 comments:

  1. Great tutorial - like the flowers on the butterfly - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete