Tabs at Top of Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2015

TH May 2015 Tag - Mother's Day Tag

Created this Tag for Tim Holtz May 2015 challenge with a lot of love & tribute to my Mother. My Mother died in 1976.
Used Kraft cardstock with TH Tag die. Applied adhesive to burlap & cut a Tag to place on Kraft cut Tag.

Used TH Cargo stencil since I did not have TH Typo stencil. Used Patch-N-Paint since I did not have TH texture paste. After Patch-N-Paste dried I used TH Distress Ink peacock feathers to paint the Patch & Paste stencil area.

Colored silk flowers with TH Distress Ink. Colored blue flower w/ TH Distress Ink peacock feathers for matching blue. Colored yellow flower w/ TH Distress Ink squeezed lemonade for matching yellow color. Colored white flower w/ TH Distress Ink spun sugar for matching pink color.  Cut felt with a Spellbinder die for leaves.

Used a 1957 black & white photo of my Mother holding me as a baby that I scanned & printed. I know it is me because I cropped out my older sister standing to the right of my Mother. Used TH Distress markers on photo: pink on the highchair & yellow on the lamp to the left which is not noticeable in the photo w/ sentiment banner covering it. Distressed the photo with TH paper distresser. Added a TH crown charm to photo.

Stamped sentiment for top, inked the edges fo the sentiment tag and attached it with a stickpin embellished with beads & a heart. Stamped sentiment and cut up the words for bottom right side of tag. Inked the edges of the cut up words. 

Added ribbon.


























Wish everyone that is a Mother a Happy Mother's Day!  

My daughter, who I consider the true artist in the family, sketched & colored this StarWars artwork of Hans Solo & Chewbaca for me. 

























Hubby & daughter took me out yesterday for celebrating Mother's Day early. They are making Mother's Day dinner for me today. My daughter likes to collect recipes from the Internet. Hubby & her chose 1 from her 2 favs and shopped for the ingredients we did not have. They are making Spicy (not spicy by not using fire-roasted can of tomatoes and instead using the can of tomatoes we have that are not spicy) Caprese Pasta w/ added cut up chicken tenderloins in it.

Supplies List 


adhesive: iCraft Easy-Cut
burlap: Canvas Home Basics
felt: green - leaves
flowers: the Paper Studio silk - blue, yellow, white
machine: Tim Holtz Vagabond
other: Patch-N-Paint - used since I do not have TH Texture Paste
paper:  cardstock -  Kraft brown   cream - scrap
pearls: the Paper Studio brown round 3mm
photo: scan reprint of Feb 1957 photo of my Mother holding me as a baby
Spellbinder: Shape Foilage - leaves
stamp: Scrappy Moms All in the Family
stickpin: embellished with beads & shiny heart
Tim Holtz:  die: Tag  Distress Inks - peacock feathers, spun sugar, squeezed lemonade
   Distress Marker -  mustard seed, spun sugar   embellishment - crown charm
   ribbon - crinkle ribbon  stencil - Cargo
tool:  MISTI - for stamping

Entering this into the following challenges:  

5/10 Craftin Desert Diva Link It Up & Craft It Up Linky Party Ch#54 Mother's Day UE 4/27


5/11 Loves Rubber Stamps Ch#150 Anything Goes UE 5/5
5/11 Scrappy Moms Stamps Terr Tues Ch -  All About Mom  UE 5/5

5/14 Allsorts Wk310 - Die Cuts, more than 2 3E(#3) 5/9 2 dies - TH Tag base, Spellbinder Leaves

5/15 HIMCR#198 Super Scraps Sat 3E(#3) 5/9
5/15 Little Scrap Pieces Sat Linky Party 1E(#1) 5/9
5/15 Suzy Bee's Ch#78 Anything Goes w/ Twist ... Add some Flowers    UE 5/9

5/17 Stamped Blessings Amusing Ch Happy Mother's Day/Feminine 2E(#1) 5/10

5/31 DL.ART May Linky Ch 1Eperday/no stack 5/1 
5/31 Tim Holtz Tags 12 Tags of 2015 May 1E(#1) 5/1

4 comments:

  1. So fun and cute ! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin' Desert Divas !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra DTM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun project! Thanks so much for joining our Terrific Tuesday Challenge over at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun fun fun. Thanks you for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with our TTC Challenge...DT Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete