Tabs at Top of Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Layered Emb Bee Anniv/Love Card

Created this Bee themed Anniversary/Love card using mostly Tim Holtz items. I'll give this to my hubby for our anniversary this yr.

Used lots of layers. Stamped a muse studio Hexagon Background. Used TH paper distresser & TH Distress Ink on the edges. 

When I saw the TH Bee I wondered why the Bee's antennas were not part of the die but were on the embossing folder. I emailed TH and he replied telling me that he decided to not make the Bee's antennas on the die because he felt the antennas were too delicate. I think that the legs are as delicate as the antennas so I think I would have liked the die to have the antennas. What do you think?

Die cut the Bee multiple times. Embossed the Bee with TH embossing folder. Used TH Distress Ink on the Bee. Used TH Honeycomb embossing.

Used Fiskars hexagon punch for sentiment tag. Stamped Inky Antics sentiment.  Did you know that you can make a warranty claim on a Fiskars item? You submit info and a photo and Fiskars will let you know if they will mail you a replacement or no cost to you. I had Fiskars micro-tip scissors break; one blade broke off. I submitted a claim and will find out if they will mail me a replacement.

Added ribbon.


























Supplies List 


adhesive: foam
Glossy accents: added to vellum wings - 
   added a silicon baby bottle nipple to my Glossy accents bottle, had a problem on 2nd
   time using and the Glossy accents was poofing out all over. I had forgotten to remove 
   the paper from the foam adhesive as I wrapped the adhesive foam around the bottle.
   Corrected it and it works great now
ink: Delicata Golden Glitz
machine: Tim Holtz Vagabond
paper:  vellum  cardstock - white
punch: Fiskars Lg Hexagon
ribbon: woven Bees I
stamp: a muse studio Hexagon Background  Inky Antics Swirly Bees - sentiment
Tim Holtz: cardstock - all except for  white listed above  die/emb - Layered Bee, emb folder
   Distress Ink - black soot  emb - Honeycomb emb fold
paper distresser  sander  

Entering this into the following challenges:   

5/23 Glitter N Sparkle Ch137 Use some Ribbon 3E(#3) 5/17

5/24 Simon Says Stamp Mon Ch: X, Y & Z  5E(#3)  5/18  Y - Yellow
5/24 Stamped Blessings Amusing Ch Birds & Bees  2E(#1) 5/17

5/28 Dies R Us Ch24 Anniv 3E(#3) must use a die cut 5/1
5/25 Scrappy Moms Stamps Terr Tues Ch -  Animals, Animals   UE 5/19

5/30 Vs Sweet Ideas Ch#34 Emboss It 2E(#2) 5/1

5/31 DL.ART May Linky Ch 1Eperday/no stack 5/1 

 6/5 Crafty Calendar Ch May Ch - Things w/ Wings 3E(#1) 5/2

8 comments:

  1. Such a clever creation! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘ANNIVERSARY’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun bee die - I tend to agree with you about the antennae. How cool to get a response from TH! So it sounds like the baby bottle nipple works great on your Glossy Accents. I saw that on YouTube but in the meantime had already put mine in a FineLiner bottle, but good to know for my other glues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card! Thanks again for participating in the Dies R Us "Anniversary" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps for the Terrific Tuesday Challenge!

    ~Stacey~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great card! I really love the lifelike quality of the bee's wings and how dimensional it looks. The layering is fabulous and I really like how the sentiment goes along with your theme so nicely. Thanks for sharing this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun card! Thanks so much for joining our Terrific Tuesday Challenge over at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Thanks for joining in our "Things With Wings" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! The hexagon background was perfect here and the bee is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete