Tabs at Top of Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Vinyl Pirate Ship Candy Container

When Fantabulous Cricut posted the blog hop/challenge to use vinyl I thought oh no. Then I found the vinyl I had rcvd from Cricut in a shipment that was not for me and I yes I did phone them & let them know & they told me to keep it. Well, it is white magnetic vinyl and requires the deep cut blade which I thought I had one of but cannot find so perhaps it is somewhere in my craft room not to be found easily or I did not have one at all. Then I found the black vinyl I had bought along with some white & blue and never used.

So, the Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow fan I am decided to make a Clean & Simple CAS creation using the black vinyl.

Used Life's A Party Cricut cartridge to make the Pirate ship. I used blade setting 6 and pressure 2 for a "kiss cut" so I would not have to use the transfer tape. It cut on the first try. Carefully removed the image and the recycled medicine/pill container was becoming a Pirate candy container.

Stamped K Andrew Designs Pirate Tales & Fish Scales sentiment on Avery all-purpose label.

Filled with Hershey candy and tied off with appropriate black & white glitter skull ribbon.

Now, I'm ready to try another vinyl project.























Supplies List 


candy: Hershey Kisses & Minis
Cricut cartridge: Life's A Party 2" Pirate Ship settings blade = 6, pressure = 2
label: Avery All-Purpose
recycle: medicine/pill container
ribbon: Holiday
stamp:  K Andrew Designs - sentiment
vinyl: black

Entering this into the following challenges:

9/14 Pink Elephant TPE216 Nautical Theme unlim a Pirate Ship is Nautical 9/9

9/15 Bitten By The Bug 2 Shape Up! Shaped Card or Layout Ch unlim 9/9
9/15 Fantabulous Cricut #177 "Vinyl" Cricut Crawl 1E 9/9

9/16 Loves Rubber Stamps Have a Sentiment on Front unlim 9/10

9/17 Crafters Cafe Ch28 No Designer Paper 2E(#2) 9/11
9/17 Word Art Wed Ch97 Anything Goes 5E(#5) 9/11

9/18 Brown Sugar Ch59 Transportation 2E(#1) 9/13
9/18 Delightful Sketch New Beginnings Celebrate new home,car, job, baby 1E first time I used vinyl so that is new to me 9/11

9/14 Kitty Bee Designs Ch#8 Water comb10totch 2E(#1) Pirate ship sails on water 9/13

9/30 DLART Thankful Thurs Sept Linky Ch Anything Goes unlim 9/5

  

20 comments:

  1. what a lovely project thanks for joining brown sugar this week
    Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project. I like that way it came out. Great job with the vinyl. Thanks for joining our New Beginnings Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    DC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cute. Good job on it. Thank you for sharing at the FCCB Vinyl University this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know how much you love Johnny Depp-I knew this had to be one of your projects before I even looked at the name :) It came out great-I haven't tried anything with vinyl yet, but I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to recycle something...i got to get into vinyl. Lovely job. Thanks for sharing at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice!! I am not sure this qualifies as a shaped card, but hey, anything with Johnny Depp deserves a shout out!! Great job with the vinyl! Thank you for joining us this week at BBTB2.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is super cool and definitely fits our challenge. Thanks so much for joining us over at Kitty Bee Designs!

    Hugs,
    Niki
    NotJustGreetingsHawaii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat treat container and love the sentoment on it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is terrific, I really like the look of the boat on the candle! Thanks for joining FCCB's Vinyl Cricut Crawl this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great project Melissa!! Work with vinyl is fun!! I love your pirate ship and love your container! I love Jack Sparrow aka Johnny Depp! lol Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neat candy holder! I really like the sentiment and the ribbon is perfect for the theme!! Thanks for joining the vinyl challenge at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so creative!! :) :)
    Thanks for sharing with us @ Loves Rubberstamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely project! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great project thanks for joining us at brown sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
  15. Melissa - you did a wonderful job! Thanks for linking up at Brown Sugar this week! Best wishes in the draw! Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Amazing projects! The teacher in me immediately thought of a gazillion things to do with FREE magnetic vinyl...who even knew the stuff existed? So glad you joined the Kitty Bee Designs Aloha Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great project. Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bees for our water challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey melissa - just wanted to let you know that i did respond to your email - both the first time you sent it (i replied on the 16th) and today - let me know if you didn't get the emails and we'll figure something else out.

    lovies, =o) kel
    KBD DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  19. arrgghhh!! this is really cool.
    Thanks for joining us at KBD!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete