Tabs at Top of Blog

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Tandem Bicycle Card

Hubby & I have a Tandem Bicycle that we ride. I cannot ride a regular bicycle. Never learned and at my age I'm not going to learn.  I tell people that even though I cannot ride a regular bicycle I can ride a Tandem and also I can pilot a single engine plane. How about that!

Used The Craft's Meow Tandem stamps on this card. When I first rcvd this stamp and stamped the sentiment I thought some of the letters 'ot yo' were not stamping properly but then I saw that the stamped image on the plastic pkg had the letters that way. 

I like using Tim Holtz Distress Inks for an inked background. On this card I used TH Distress Inks: mowed lawn & salty ocean. Allowed for dry time.

Stamped Tandem Bicycle after background dried. Stamped sentiment. Used Spellbinder for sentiment tag.

Embossed the Sky with Stampin' Up Cloudy Days embossing folder. Embossed the ground with Cuttlebug Baby's Breath embossing border.

Added stickers: Sun & Bee. Do you get that I added my nickname "Sunshine HoneyBee" ? Added stickles, ribbon & bow.























Supplies List 


embossing: Cuttlebug Baby's Breath embossing border
ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
paper: cardstock - Kraft, green, white
ribbon: Dashes, Dots & Checks - flower patt, Spool O' Ribbon - yellow
Spellbinder: Shape Ribbon Tag Trio Two
stamp: The Craft's Meow Tandem - Tandem Bicycle & sentiment 
Stampin' Up: embossing - Cloudy Days embossing folder
stickers: Hambly - Sun & Bee
stickles: Lime Green, Yellow
Tim Holtz: Distress Inks - mowed lawn, salty ocean

Entering this into the following challenges:

9/9 Loves Rubber Stamps Ch68 Anything Goes unlim 9/3
9/9 Scrappy Moms-Stamps Terr Tues Ch Gone Buggy unlim 9/3

9/14 Cupcake Insp Ch227 Sunshine 3E(#1) 9/8
9/14 Glitter N Sparkle Ch49 Add a Bow 3E(#1) 9/8

9/15 Craft's Meow Summer Card 1E(#1) 9/7

9/30 DLART Thankful Thurs Sept Linky Ch Anything Goes unlim 9/5

10 comments:

  1. super card love the image
    thank you for joining us at glitter n sparkle
    :-)

    lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! this came out great -Happy flying I am impressed that you can fly!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes September Linky Party. Have a great day, my friend
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prety little bike! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute, love the image and the colors are fabulous. Riding co-pilot on a bike is fun! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet bicycle image! Brings back happy memories!!
    Thanks for joining us for "Anything Goes" @ Loves Rubberstamps!! :) :) :)
    ~~Nicole~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Melissa. What a cute little scene you've created. And it's so cute that you added the sun and bee after your name! I like how you included the bow too - what a perfect spot.

    Thank you for linking up in our Add a Bow challenge at Glitter n Sparkle. Best of luck in the draw, and I hope you join us again with some of your makes.

    KT Fit Kitty, DT Glitter n Sparkle
    http://ktdesigns2013.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how cute! I've always wanted a bicycle built for two! So glad you shared with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is lovely. Thanks for sharing at glitternsparkle hugs trisha xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card for our technique challenge, Melissa! Thanks for playing along with us at The Craft's Meow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card! I would love to try riding a tandem. Lucky you! Thanks for playing along with us at The Craft's Meow!

    ReplyDelete