Tabs at Top of Blog

Friday, March 9, 2012

Thinking of You Encouragement Get Well Bird Cage Card


















Created this Thinking of You Card as an
Encouragement Get Well Card for a friend
that is having some surgery.

Used Spellbinders Bird Sanctuary dies. Positioned
the bird on the perch. Used foam to give the bird
cage 3D dimension.

First time I think for using 2 different polka dotted
pattern papers.

Closeup of card:













Entering this into the following challenges:

1. 2 Sisters unlim entries 2nd entry 3/2 - 3/9
Recipe: 1 image - bird in birdcage, 2 patt papers (both DCWV polk dotted) and
3 embellishments (2 flowers & 1 gem)

Challenge #81 ~ Recipe


2. Chocolate Coffee Cards lim 3 entries 1st entry 3/9 - 3/22
image needs to have an animal on it

Challenge 8 ~ Feathers and Fur


3. Crafting for all Seasons 3/7 - 3/19
there is green in the polka dotted cardstock behind the bird cage

Ch#22 - Color Challenge using Green and Yellow


Hi everyone, can you believe it's time for another challenge here at Crafting for all Seasons and the theme this time is a color challege using:
GREEEN AND YELLOW


4. Dare to be Sassy use at least 2 polka dotted items 3/8 - 3/14
Dare to be Sassy Thursday #115


5. Paper Playtime 3/5 - 3/17

Ch# 69 - Delicious Die Cuts with FLOWERS! (For The Girls)


6. Sentimental Sundays 3/4 - 3/9

Challenge #92- Words of Encouragement


7. The Pink Elephant "Lets See Those Layers" unlim entries 2nd entry 3/5 - 3/11

card incl at least 3 layers

The Pink Elephant - TPE138


8. Totally Paper Crafts unlim entries 1st entry 3/9 - 3/15
one of my fav things is Spellbinders dies

Totally Papercrafts Challenge 107 - My Favorite Things


adhesive: foam, Scotch ATG, ZOTS small dots, Zig 2 way glue pen

flowers: the Paper Studio Spare Parts

gem: gold gem

ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

paper:
4 3/4" x 6 3/4" Base white cardstock
4 1/2" x 6 1/2" DCWV Bright Prints & cardstock mat stacks
3 1/4" x 4 1/2" DCWV the spring matstack

stamp:
Whimsical Designs Everyday Sentiments

Spellbinders Shapeabilities:
Bird Sanctuary
Nested Pennants
Paper Playtime 3/5 - 3/17

21 comments:

  1. I love mixing patterned papers although it can be a bit tricky.
    Love that bird cage die....I don't think I've seen that one by Spellbinders yet. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card. Love the die cuts you've used. Thanks so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Really love the die cuts and fun polka dot papers! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SO MUCH for letting me know about my win at Diana Larson's blog. I am thrilled! I appreciate your help, and I owe ya one! I entered that challenge so long ago, I had almost forgotten to back and check. I also don't know if it's just me, or if other people have this problem, but when I visit her blog, my computer "lags". I have to wait long perioids of time in between looking at pages, scrolling down, etc. Don't know why. But I am super happy to have won, and I thank you my friend. have a great week!
    Blessings,
    karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Karen L. When I see a winner's name listed most often I'll contact the person to let them know so they do not miss the deadline of contacting for prize and there are others that have notified me of a win or two so it's nice to give the heads up.
      As far as lags when checking DLART blog I have that problem sometime also and not sure what causes it but it does not happen with most other blogs.
      Have fun with your prize win.
      Melissa
      "Sunshine HoneyBee"

      Delete
  6. Pretty card- I love the cut of the birdcage/bird and the pretty yellow/blue color combo :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. You are right about the designer paper. When we ask for designer paper we want to see something with a pattern or design on it. However these can include designer papers that you create yourself. I hope that this clears up any confusion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy W. for the clarification on the designer paper. Reason I asked was because I saw some entries with just different papers/cardstocks and not patterns on them.
      Melissa
      "Sunshine HoneyBee"

      Delete
  8. the blue and the yellow look absolutely gorgeous together! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful!! I love the color combo and the bird and cage dies are so fabulous!! Love it :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...I love your blog design! I also love your card! Great colors...thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is very pretty.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet card, Melissa. Thank you for linking this up to this fortnight's CCCC - Feathers and Fur challenge. See you again next challenge!

    Cheers,
    Jenny (CCCC-DT)
    http://cookieadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really terrific card - love that bird cage die.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous creation, love it!!
    Cute as a button
    Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts and good luck
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at CFAS in our Green and Yellow challenge.
    hugs
    Dawn S xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card!! Love the sweet bird & cage. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the polka dot papers and the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs for Dare to Be Sassy Thursday. Please join us again next week!

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the sunshiney yellow! Great card and glad you joined us at Sassy Studio Designs
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete