Tabs at Top of Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe Layout

I'm creating a Recipe book for my daughter. I've
done a cookie & pie recipe. This is a new Sweet
Potato Casserole recipe that was in the newspaper
that we made for Thanksgiving and liked alot. For
the topping it calls
for crushed Corn Flakes & chopped
Pecans. I did not have Corn Flakes so I used crushed
Co
rn Chex and did not have Pecans so I used Walnuts.
Was yummy.


















































Entering this into the following challenges:

1. Anything Challenge Ch#54 A Real Sweetie food related unlim entries 3rd entry ends 11/27

Challenge 54 - A Real Sweetie

Right onto the challenge 54 - A Really Sweetie
We would like to see food related projects this week, so anything from the real thing to stamps and dies/punches just as long as it connects to food..

used Cricut images for my recipe layout

2. Scrappy Moms-Stamps ends 11/28
Terrific Tuesday Challenge - From My Kitchen!

From My Kitchen Cricut cartridge 3" bowl & 4" mixer

Paper:
8 1/2" x 11" Base TPC Studio So Deilsh Everything but the Kitchen Sink
8 1/2" x 11" Base TPC Studio So Deilsh Spice Rack
8 1/2" x 11" clear vellum paper
cardstock: black, 2 shades blue & tan

hand calligraphy of recipe

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea for your daughter- and your calligraphy is perfect- looks computer generated- you are really good at it :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the paper you used and the calligraphy is spot on! This year was the first year I didn't use canned sweet potatoes and all I can say is I will never used canned again. So much better.

    Susan
    cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a Fine Point Black Calligraphy marker and had a lined piece of paper under the vellum paper. I did first page, then stopped and then did 2nd page later so I would not mess them up by trying to rush doing them. Took me just shy of 1/2 hr to write each page. Used fresh sweet potatoes this yr & have used canned in the past and I agree fresh are so much better. The sweet potatoes I bought were huge TX sized. My daughter helped my hubby scoop out the sweet
    potato and I helped finish up when I got back from the Michaels 4pm Thanksgiving sale in which I got Ribbons & Rosettes, Noah's Ark Animals and Art Nouveau Cricut cartridges. Next time we decided we would make the sweet potato casserole a day ahead since the prep time is long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful project, thanks for sharing with us at Anything goes, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great layout! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete