Tabs at Top of Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Rulers School measures UP Bookmark/Tag

Created this Bookmark/Tag with a school/rulers theme.

Used Die-namics die for tag base. Embossed the Tag with Tim Holtz Rulers embossing folder. Heat embossed with gold embossing powder on vellum Lawn Fawn alphabet letters to spell sentiment 'School measures UP.' Stamped MFP stamp on vellum. Fussy cut out MFP stamp. Added washi tape to complement the Rulers theme. Used TH Distress Ink on edges. Attached ribbon with TH stapler.

Finished reading Jane Eyre. On a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being the highest I would rate Jane Eyre a 7 1/2. I'm now reading Mary Higgins Clark Before I Say GoodBye. Bought myself a bedrest pillow which is comfy for reading.








Supplies List 



adhesive:  glue dots, red tape, Scotch ATG
Coloring/Distressing: inking - TH Dist Ink
Die-namics: die - Tag Stax
embossing: Zing gold emb powder
gems: 4 dk brown - to cover up glue dots
ink: VersaFine Onyx Black  VersaMark
machine: Sizzix BIGkick
paper: vellum  cardstock - Kraft brown - base
ribbon: the Paper Studio School Days 
Spellbinder: Nest Large Labels
stamp: Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABCs   Marks Finest Papers Lesson Learned
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink - walnut stain   embossing - Rulers emb folder   stapler
 washi tape: Ruler

Entering this into the following challenges:    

8/12 Lawnscaping Ch:  Back to School  3E(#1) combtot4ch  8/3










8/16 Kraft Journal Ch#236 Take Your Pick - Pick Any 3  2E(#2)  8/10
   Pick Any 3 - I have all the elements in my Bookmark/Tag 










8/31 DL.ART Aug Linky Ch 1Eperday/no stack 8/1

4 comments:

  1. this is such a COOL idea!! love the tag/bookmark!! the kraft is such a cool color for back to school too!! LOVE this! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job on getting all 8 items on your project. I love bookmarks and this is a great back-to-school themed one. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Kraft Journal. I'm so glad I got to see your project. Stephanie - Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, great keepsakes! Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card caught my eye over in the Lawnscaping Gallery and I wanted to come visit and see more! Cute and SO FUN!!! Love the details this has and it just makes me want to get lost in a book!! I really enjoyed visiting your blog and I would love it if you popped over for a visit to my blog at daisiesgirl.com!! I have a giveaway going on right now!
    Taunya Butler
    http://daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete