Tabs at Top of Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Welcome Summer Card

Please click here to enter Cuttin' & Stampin' Ch 14-10 St. Patrick's Day/Lucky. Please click here to see my St. Patrick's Day Tag.

Please click here to enter One Stitch At A Time Ch203 For a Boy.

Created this Welcome Summer Card using:
1. Paper Smooches stamp - fence, flower petals & sentiment 'Welcome Summer'
2. Stampin' Up punch to punch out the flower stamped flower petals
3. sketch which you can see below
4. Cricut cartridge Walk In My Garden - flower pot, flower stems
5. gems - center of stamped flowers
6. Th Holtz distressing - paper distresser & Distress Ink walnut stain
7. buttons - Sun & Bee for "Sunshine HoneyBee"
8. twine - brown/white & green/white

Photographed outside Mon 3/10 where the temp here in Central TX was in 70s. My BlueBonnets are greening up and will bloom up in the Spring.














Supplies List 


buttons: JHB Sun, Bee - the Bee is my cute critter 
   and with the 2 together they make "Sunshine HoneyBee"
Cricut cartridge: Walk In My Garden 1" flower pot, shadow, 2" stem2
gems: Recollections clear - flower centers 
ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
paper:  the Paper Studio Grass scrapbook,
   cardstock - blues, purple, core'dinations - green, orange, white
Spellbinder: Nest Standard Circles
stamp: Paper Smooches Summer Groves - fence, flower petals, sentiment
Stampin' Up: punch - Itty Bitty Shapes
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink walnut stain, paper distresser
twine: brown/white, green/white

Entering this into the following challenges:


3/12 MFP Insp Ch53 Uses for old surf boards 5E(#3) 3/6
   surfboards make me think of Summer



3/15 Paper Smooches Picture Perfect Ch UE 3/9
  Challenge - Inspirational Photo


 















3/16 Fantabulous Cricut Ch201 Sketch Ch 3E(#1) 3/10


















3/16 My Craft Spot Ch#128 Cute Critters 1E(#1) 3/10
3/16 Simon Says Stamp Mon D is for Distress 5E(#1) 3/10

3/19 Paper Smooches Guest Designer UE 3/6 

3/27 Word Play Sat March Ch Anything 4E(#3) 3/8 


3/31 Crafty Hazelnuts Pattern Paper Mar Ch UE 3/1 
3/31 DLART Thankful Mar Linky Anything Goes Ch UE 1Eperday 3/1 

 4/16 Paper Smooches Guest Designer Search - May UE 4/3

15 comments:

  1. Really cute! Saw this on Fantabulous Cricut and it makes me think Summer may not be too far off! Love that little bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Melissa! The pot of flowers is adorable and love the sweet little bumble bee! Fun spring cards:)
    Thanks so much for joining us in the 'cute critter" challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Flowers look beautiful and I especially like the little sun and bee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card! The flowers are gorgeous and the bee and sunshine are adorable. Such a pretty card to enjoy. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at My Craft Spot! Also, thank you for telling me about the challenge that my bee card qualified for yesterday! I wanted to enter after I saw your comment, but one that I had already entered has a 10 challenge max.. which I was already at. :( I appreciate the notification, though. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful what a fun spring card!! The bee is too cute and I love the background paper in front of the fence- This card makes me happy just looking at it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card. Thank you for joining us for the Speedy TV Inspiration challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! I like how you took this in your garden and your fence and flower part are so great! Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us in the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. I love the little bee. Thank you for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is super cute! I really like that paper and the cute little picket fence.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic card! Your inking looks super and I LOVE the "sunshine honeybee" buttons!! What perfect embellies for you!

    (I'm SO jealous of your weather! We just had another blizzard yesterday and it's FREEZING today...)

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card fits the sketch so well...love the little bee. Glad you could play along with FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card Melissa. I love the sketch you used!
    Thank you so much for playing along in my March wordplay saturday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous creation! I love how it screams SUMMER! The weather is finally warming up in my neck of the woods and this card totally captured that wonderful feeling. I really like the colors you chose and this was an amazing way to use buttons! That little bee is my favorite! Another lovely creation and I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for sharing more of your delightful crafting for my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for March - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week!

    Gwen

    http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete