Tabs at Top of Blog

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Shamrock Box Card

Please click here to enter Cuttin' & Stampin' Ch 14-9 Butterflies. 

Please click here to enter One Stitch At A Time Ch203 For a Boy.

First time making a 3D creation like this. Click here to see Mary of CardzTV wonderful video on how to make.

Created this Sharock Box using:
1. Cricut cartridge Desginer's Calendar for the Shamrocks that are inside the box
2. core'dinations cardstock - Clover Patch, Leprechaun & Shamrock - isn't that appropriate!
3. studio g stamp for sentiment on front
4. the Paper Studio scrapbook paper for Shamrocks paper on flaps & grass paper on sides
5. ribbon




























I liked how the card flattens and fits inside an A2 envelope.

For those thinking this is hard to make I tell you if I can make it, it is not hard. However my 1st one I made was not right. I had the cut flaps as the longer pieces since I trimmed up to the score line on wrong side. Next one I made turned out correct which again I used white cardstock. After getting it correct using white cardstock I figured why not use green cardstock. I've made 1 more so far. This first one is for a friend that I use to work with at Hallmark and last name is definitely Irish, as in O'Malley. The 2nd one I made I did not add the ribbon embellishment so it would flatten easier and is being mailed to my daughter for St. Patrick's Day.

I have an idea to make one with an Easter theme.
 

 Supplies List 


Cricut cartridge: Deisgner's Calendar Shamrocks & Shadows 1 1/2", 1 1/4" & 1"
paper: tissue paper - green, scrapbook paper - the Paper Studio - Grass, Shamrock Mix,
   cardstock - greens, core'dinations - Clover Patch, Leprechaun, Shamrock
ribbon: Recollections
stamp: studio g

Entering this into the following challenges:

3/9 Bitten by the Bug 2 Your Fav Cricut Cart UE 3/3

3/10 Loves Rubber Stamps Ch93 Anything Goes UE 3/4

3/14 Catch the Bug March Theme - Feelin Lucky 3E(#1) 3/8
3/14 Glitter N Sparkle Ch75 Anything Goes 3E(#1) 3/9 
3/14 Hiding In My Craft Room HIMCR#140 Super Scraps Sat 3E(#3) 3/8 
3/14 Jos Scrap Shack FFC#40 Anything Goes 3E(#2) 3/7
3/14 Little Scrap Pieces Show It Off Sat Linky Party 1E(#1) 3/8 

3/16 Stamped Blessings Green 2E(#1) 3/9 
3/19 Cut It Up Green for St Pat Day or Spring! Ch#40 1E(#1) incl die cut 3/7

3/20 Cardz TV 3D Ch St Pat Day 1E(#1) 3/7 

3/27 Word Play Sat March Ch Anything 4E(#1) 3/8 

3/31 DLART Thankful Mar Linky Anything Goes Ch UE 1Eperday 3/1 

21 comments:

  1. WOW! Gorgeous job - box full of shamrocks!
    Thanks for joining our Green challenge at Cut it Up!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun project! Love that little box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing creation Melissa! Looks really hard to do.
    Thanks so much for playing along in my march wordplay saturday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! I love your box! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting earlier today. To answer your question about my pot of gold, the finished dimensions are 4.5" tall and 5" diameter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AMAZING!! I just the tutorial on Cardztv!!!
    Love your box card!!
    Beautiful!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this project !!! It sure is looks great !!! Thank you so much for joining us at BBTB2 and at Jo's FFC !!!

    hugs,
    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh !!!! This is awesome Melissa, I love all your four leaf clovers popping out!! I need to make one of these.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out awesome Melissa! I watched Mary's tutorial too and made one, but I can tell you that mine didn't turn out as well as yours did! lol I will give it a go again and see if I can do better next time. I love how yours turned out and love the little bow on it too. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome job with the Box Card! I just watched Mary's video today - need to give this a try! I like the tissue paper you added :) Thanks for linking up over at Cut It Up, BBTB2, and HIMCR!!!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! This is fabulous Melissa!!! Love it! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Favorite Cricut Cartridge' challenge at BBTB2 and our 'St. Patrick's Day' challenge at Cardz TV!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these pop up boxes. Yours is so cute. I love all yhe shamrocks and the pretty paper that you used. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So So cute and fun! Love this, Melissa! Thanks for adding this to our BBTB2 challenge!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a nice creation. Thank you for joining Glitter 'n Sparkle Challenge.
    Hugs from Africa.
    Olga DT G'nS

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fun. Thank you for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is super - I want to learn how to do this - maybe today I will get into creating this box - thanks for sharing and the encouragement to make one Melissa yours is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  16. This totally Rocks! I was going to attempt to make this box but haven't found the courage, lol. Love it! Thanks for joining us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this week. Hope you'll play along with us again real soon. Good Luck and Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome project! thank you for joining us at catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great project, very cute!! Thanks so much for joining us for our March Theme “Feeling Lucky” Challenge at Catch the Bug, I hope you join us again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just made one of these myself and they are so fun to make! you''ve done a great job! Thank you so much for linking up with us in our “Feeling Lucky” challenge at Catch The Bug! Please join us, again, next time, for a new sketch and more chances to win! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow . . . just WOW!!! This shamrock box is AMAZING! I've been trying to come up with something unique for my niece's 16th bday this week and I think this would be PERFECT . . . so I may just scraplift it. :) Thanks once again for joining us over at Hiding In My Craft Room for our Super Scraps Saturday challenge!

    Kathy HIMCR DT
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my this is just too much fun! I might have to try this next year! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

    Hiding in My Craft Room
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete